Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Just a Quick One to Start Off the Month

Happy December everybody, fellow writers and readers alike.  This is the beginning of month number three for my little project here which, even if I have no readers or people who give a shit, I feel better getting to speak to my small, no wait, exclusive audience.

Today I read an article that sums up a lot of what I think and things that I wish to make better in this world while I am here.  It is on the website "Art of Manliness" (artofmanliness.com) which is one of the most excellent web sites that I have found in recent times.  If you have not read it, do it, sign up for it's RSS feed (...and mine while you are at it) and take the time.  Women, this web site has stuff for you as well!

Anyway, here is a link to the specific article:
Amusing Ourselves to Death

I will say that some of the skills and thoughts that I found here and all over this site I use in daily life.  I think I actually do feel more manly, but in a good way, not in the alpha-male sort of way.  There are skills that all men should know.  I grew up in a house where my father worked hard and knew a ton about a lot of things, but unfortunately he worked all of the time and did not have time to show me as much as I would have liked.  A lot I figured out on my own, but some came from the AoM site.

I will stop gushing and wish everyone a happy holiday season, whatever religion/social class/creed/ethnicity/nationality you may be.

No comments:

Post a Comment